• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Die cast GT/CSs

Mosesatm

I just received an email from Supercar Collectibles that my white GT/CS has been shipped. Looks like they are finally here!!!

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, the white ones just arrived and the blue is due early Dec. I'm told they look great!

To everyone in the Group Buy I'm still working on details. I appreciate all the PM's and will post an update and hopefully start taking orders early next week.

Last edited:

PFSlim

Don

Tell us about how you GT turned out? Have you received it yet?? Is it a nice car and are you proud of the job they did??

Paul

68gt390

PFSlim said:
Don

Tell us about how you GT turned out? Have you received it yet?? Is it a nice car and are you proud of the job they did??

Paul

Paul;
Yes, I have received the GT Diecast and am pleased with it. They did a great job on the car. From what I've been told the CS will have even more detail than the GT diecast. The exhaust will actually be colored aluminum (instead of all chrome) with chrome tips as it should be and the engine bay will have more detail. Will post some pic's when I can take them.

Don

gt bandit

Crew - I have just been advised my Black Chrome CS is on its way down under. This is from the MINI MUSCLE CARS company , i have ordered one from our group buy as well. I am pretty sure the green light company did a special run for mini muscle - I was going to order the 24k gold version , but it thought it might be a little to Elvis for my subdued personality.

shaun

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

My white GT/CS die cast model arrived today. It looks great. There are a few funky things like the rear spoiler tapers out (almost lines up with the bumper at the top) and the front side light is crooked but for $40 I'm not complaining! In fact, I'm going to order another one.

mmarsalone

Arlie,

Did you break your antenna, or did it come that way? It may be just so authentic since most Mustangs antennas broke just like that.:wink:

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

As far as I can tell it came that way but I won't swear to it.

68gt390

mmarsalone said:
Arlie,

Did you break your antenna, or did it come that way? It may be just so authentic since most Mustangs antennas broke just like that.:wink:

That's the way the model was done due to the fact that I have a power antenna on my car and it was down when they took the photo's.

Don

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It's probably a good thing that the antenna is that way. I can imagine that even with careful handling that would be the first thing to break off.

PFSlim

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to change out the white walls to the BF Goodrich Radials that are on some of the other diecast cars?? I wonder if it would be hard to do or do we need to buy one of the other diecast cars to change out??

Paul

p51

Was @home for lunch. My Red GT/CS (http://minimusclecars.com/) was there. It looks exactly like Dons car except that it has a black stripes and a black vinyl top. Sorta looks like Little Red. Only minor downside, no display stand.

Mustanger

PFSlim said:
Does anyone have any good ideas about how to change out the white walls to the BF Goodrich Radials that are on some of the other diecast cars?? I wonder if it would be hard to do or do we need to buy one of the other diecast cars to change out??

Paul

The models from Mini Muscle already have the BF Goodrich tires, but I don't think that they offer the car in blue ...

PFSlim

Yep. I would be buying the Acapulco Blue from Greenlight with the white wall tires and want to change out to BF Goodrich. Hopefully, someone can figure out a way.

Paul

68gt390

p51 said:
Was @home for lunch. My Red GT/CS (http://minimusclecars.com/) was there. It looks exactly like Dons car except that it has a black stripes and a black vinyl top. Sorta looks like Little Red. Only minor downside, no display stand.

The really funny thing is my car actually came with a black vinyl top from the factory. I still like it solid body color though.

In regards to the white wall tires vs the white lettered tires, I talked to Greenlight about using the white lettered tires on all models to no avail. I just think they look so much better. But, that's just my opinion.

Anyone notice the difference in the two versions of the Acapulco Blue GT/CS being offered. Super Car Collectibles GT/CS with the white vinyl top looks a lot darker than the Acapulco Blue GT/CS without the white vinyl top.

Don

Last edited:

68gt390

admin said:
It's probably a good thing that the antenna is that way. I can imagine that even with careful handling that would be the first thing to break off.

Jon;
Your exactly right. Several of my 1/24th models from the Franklin Mint have either broken off or have been embedded in my fingers (ouch).

Don