• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

info needed for barrett jackson

imported_tree

Guys, need some information, going to vegas on the 16 jan.with (wife) I need to know how long a drive is it to scottsdale from vegas,flying to states from b.c and only have a week. thats were i got the idea to let my wife shop till she drops and sneak away to catch a day at the auction. sounds crazy but canadains will do almost anything for a wild ride. thanks terry,,,, dont tell the wife what i up to........

390cs68rcode

don't know the exact distance but not too close. do a map on yahoo for Phoenix Arizona.

about a 50/50 chance I will be there the 19th thru 22nd. I think the CS is auctioning off on 1-18

admin

Staff member
Administrator
It's about 6 hrs driving. Or you might be able to get a cheap flight.

Diesel Donna

Jeeeeez you're making me dream of the time many years ago when I towed a 36 Auburn boattail speedster to the Barrett-Jackson show , and we also had a Shelby and an MG.......the show was so small back then.
Enjoy your time there! Jon is right on about the 6 hours driving time.

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

barrett jackson

thanks guys and gals. i checked on cheap flights and there not so cheap. going to drive down from vegas.bought tickets for celione on thurs. and going to scottdale on friday.the two tickets that i bought could redo the whole interior of the gt/cs.now finding a hotel thats the next challenge.hope to be there when that gt/cs goes on the block.

Diesel Donna

How do we know exactly when the CS will cross the block? I have the Barrett-Jackson booklet listing all the cars and the CS is Lot #419, but do they do it in numerical order or what?
Or do I have to watch hours and days of the auction and hope I catch the CS? :confused:
~~~~Donna

390cs68rcode

they have the schedule listed on their website somewhere. I kinda remember looking up the CS and it was wednesday. I could be mistaken so someone double check me.

68gt390

Jason;
Your right on the day. It's scheduled to be up on the block on Wednesday, 18 Jan 06.

Will be interesting to see what it does.

Don

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
Will it be televised?

It will be televised but, don't know if that segment will make the TV slot or not. I'll be watching. They are suppose to start televising the 17th on the Speed Channel.

Don :grin:

rvrtrash

A little off topic but don't forget to go do the tour at the Shelby plant while you're in Vegas. I'd hate to see you go all that way and miss that!
Steve

Mosesatm

I've downloaded the list of cars from the Barrett Jackson web-stie, loaded it into Excel, and sorted it by manufacturer, make, and year. It has the hyper-links so clicking on the link pulls up that car from the internet.

If anyone wants it just holler and I'll send it to you. I'd post it but it's almost 1100 lines and I think Jon might order a hit on me if I did that!

OP
OP
imported_tree

imported_tree

barrett jackson

thanks steve i will take in the shelby tour if i can find it.and if any want me to gamble on their behalf i would be most willing to. thanks terry...........

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
I've downloaded the list of cars from the Barrett Jackson web-stie, loaded it into Excel, and sorted it by manufacturer, make, and year. It has the hyper-links so clicking on the link pulls up that car from the internet.

If anyone wants it just holler and I'll send it to you. I'd post it but it's almost 1100 lines and I think Jon might order a hit on me if I did that!

Wow Arlie, you must have alot of time on your hands.:wink:

Mosesatm

The computer geek kids are faster but I can still put out twice the work with half the effort. Most of the kids have trouble grasping the big picture common sense portion of the work and they do things 3 or 4 times before they, just by luck, get it right.

Here is what I was working on this morning. It's not even my job any more but our GMs keep coming to me for this stuff. I guess it's good to feel needed.

Last edited:

Diesel Donna

Cool....thank you Jason, Don and Arlie for the info on the auction day for the CS. I've been watching the Speed channel for several weeks now showing auctions from 2005 and I am getting all pumped up. Can't wait for the 2006 show to start!

~~~~Donna