• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1 of 1 feelin pretty special

gt bandit

hey crew ,

This is kinda like blowing my own horn , but what the hey - no one else does.

I got my Super MARTI report today (only took 5 months) , guess what i have ONE OF ONE J code , Wim white , Red interior , with wait for it

Red Knitted Bucket seats ----------------------------------

I am that impressed , i am considering going back to original (White , J code)- as its now black with a 428CJ.

Is this unusual or is it a beat up by MARTI to make feel real special , if so they hit the nail right on the head.

Also the seats are no longer Knitted , they are just normal red vinyl - anyone know where you can buy repo knitted covers off the shelf ???

I will post the Marti in my gallery , once its scanned - ;}

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :grin:

rvrtrash

Marti tries to get everything down to a 1 of 1, or close to it. That doesn't make yours less special but since you enjoy it so much the way it is, why pay the money to change the engine, trans, misc. small parts, paint, etc. The original engine and tranny are long gone so you'll never hit the "matching numbers" point. Have fun with it. If someday you need to change the seats or it needs a repaint-go for it. I say leave it as is for now.

Steve

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

Hey Steve ,
thanks for the thoughts mate - the conversion would probably set me back around 15k so , i reckon your right.
I have downloaded all your gallery pics because yours is defiantly a sister car to mine and in case i decide on the original route i will need some guidance.

Jason
thanks for the NPD info - At the very least i think i will change back to Knitted seats- the current ones are faded on the tops.

PFSlim

gt bandit said:
Hey Steve ,
thanks for the thoughts mate - the conversion would probably set me back around 15k so , i reckon your right.
I have downloaded all your gallery pics because yours is defiantly a sister car to mine and in case i decide on the original route i will need some guidance.

Jason
thanks for the NPD info - At the very least i think i will change back to Knitted seats- the current ones are faded on the tops.

My car is 1 of 2. My Marti report says there were two identical twins made of my car. It does make me feel very special. I think it is way to cool.

I have pretty much put mine back to agree with the Marti report, only because we had to do something during our restoration. The only thing I have changed since receiving my Marti was to put it back to manual steer, and remove the power steer. That is the way the car was originally.

Good luck on your decision.

Paul

P

PNewitt

When you'll see (in my book) what we got from Marti about the GT/CS and HCS production numbers, your jaw will drop.

If you figure color, interior, engine, etc., and then DSO, it almost makes every GT/CS (almost) one-of-one, or one-of-five.

It might make some of you think about going a bit farther in restoration, and possibly keeping it the color it is/was.

I can't say now, but, as "Yoda" said in Star Wars...."there is one other".

Paul.

case12

gt bandit said:
I am that impressed , i am considering going back to original (White , J code)- as its now black with a 428CJ.

QUOTE]

Don't change the black beauty! Way too nice to change!!Casey:icon_no:

rvrtrash

gt bandit said:
Hey Steve ,

I would be happy to provide guidance. In fact if you buy me a ticket to Australia, I would even be willing to take your car out for a spin and give you my honest opinion!:grin: :grin: :grin: Just trying to help you out buddy!

Steve