• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Production numbers based on options & color?

68gulfstream

Is there some kind of table out there that shows how many GT/CS cars had which transmission, or which motor, in certain colors for example? I'm curious how many of the car I'm dreaming about were made.

OP
OP
68gulfstream

68gulfstream

Here's my wish list, not sure how realistic it is...

-manual transmission
-original paint, prefer blue family of colors
-larger engine options would be a plus

And would really love to find one with the GT package. I'm sure I will need to compromise. If the car was otherwise "right" and was automatic, or red, I would be cool with that.

Since the paint scheme was part of the package, I really would like to have that factory paint, even if it's worn and beat up.

franklinair

We used to have an app here that would list cars by selecting color, engine trans, etc. I don't see that anymore.

Neil

Mosesatm

Here are some limited production numbers.

Attachments

• Production Figures 8-19-17.jpg
    Production Figures 8-19-17.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Production Figures 8-19-17.pdf
    73.8 KB · Views: 36
OP
OP
68gulfstream

68gulfstream

Thank you, that chart is a big help. It looks like there weren't many 4 speed transmissions, so that may be the challenge. 302 4 speed would probably be the sweet spot for me, not sure I could afford a 390 car. Those go for a lot more, right?

p51

Here are some limited production numbers.

Very interesting about the number of R codes. I had always heard that there were 3 R code GT/CSs. When I saw the number at 12 in the chart I went to the recognition guide. Evidently there were 3 R code GT/CSs and 9 R code HCSs (!) produced ...

I wonder why there were 3x as many R code HCSs as GT/CSs?... a reverse of the ~normal ratio of GT/CSs to HCSs for all other models... maybe at higher altitude you need more displacement for the same HP ???...