• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How Many No. & So. Calif. GT/CS owners?

CJ

How many current Northern and Southern California GT/CS owners are out there?

How long have you owned your GT/CS?

I am from Northern California, original owner.

CJ

garcias280

We have had ours 4 months. Got it from a guy who had it 20 years. We're in Northern Cal. Car was originally sold in LA.

darb

So. California Owner.

Had the car a year now, bought it in long beach and fully restored it.

Brad

sounnder

[quote author=CJ link=board=1;threadid=1059;start=0#msg5865 date=1092692712]
How many current Northern and Southern California GT/CS owners are out there?

How long have you owned your GT/CS?

I am from Northern California, original owner.

CJ
[/quote]I've had mine since 1998, Suthern California

007bluto

SoCal, I've had mine for 2 years. Fully restored it, dropped in a Stroked 347 with a Paxton Supercharger, put in a 3:55 posi rear, the car moves. ::) ;D

P

PNewitt

For what it's worth...

During the '68 model year, the total number of GT/CS cars sold in the Los Angeles district, was the same total number of ALL the GT/CS cars sold north of Fresno.

In the registry, the same (Calif.) owner ratio continues today.

Paul

63alf

I bought mine 29 years ago while I was living in LA. I'm the second or maybe the third owner. Since then, it has lived in West LA, San Diego, Santa Barbara and now is with me in the San Jose area. It is currently undergoing a "de-mothballing" as it had not been run consistently for about the last 18 years. Engine has been rebuilt to stock specs (although unleaded valve guides were used, and the compression was reduced a little to run better on current pump gas), and it has been dropped back into the newly-detailed engine compartment. Replacement radiator will come in soon, then some front suspension bushings and the exhaust system will be replaced. Soon thereafter I hope to have it back after almost 1 year "in the shop".

Tom

CalPaul

I've had mine for about 3 mos. here in NorCal (SF Bay Area). Car was in very good condition when I bought it. About 50K miles on chassis, but rebuilt motor and tranny. Wimbledon white J code w/ C-4.