• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Alcapulco Blue GT/CS for Sale: Mint Condition

Flgtcs

(Acapulco...not "alcapulco")

I am considering putting this car on Ebay again after the action that I witnessed from two other auctions (red gt/cs and gold gt/cs).

This car has had a nuts to bolts restoration and is in pristine condition. Some things might not seem "original". For instance, I know that the script on the driver side is incorrect. I was unaware of this before it was restored. When I went back to shop where it was painted, they said that was where the mounting holes dictated the script should go, and it could not be fixed otherwise I would have to have the car painted all over again. So..I dunno, but I have seen that mine is not the only car with "incorrect" script on one side or other.

Also, the grill has been outfitted with a stallion and extra chrome trim. The original owner had this added, and when the car was restored, I was asked whether I wanted to keep the stallion on there since it wasn't original and I said, what the heck, it looks cool. But a purist can always take it off.

The car also has an after market a/c and am/fm tape deck (with mustang logo, of course) which were not original.

The car has custom wheels, as well.

And don't get me started on the fog light pedestals. These are the pedestals the car has had at least since 1984 (since it has been with my family), the fog lights are Lucas.

Other than all of that, the car has been restored to its original specifications. It is a 289 c-code with the C4 transmission and correct chrome tail lights. It also has turn signal lights in the hood scoops and as I said, it completely rust free. It has had less than 100 miles put on it since it was restored in 2003 (129000 orig. miles). I have a Marti Report (so no, it's not a clone) and I have a certified appraisal from 2003 that put the car's value at 25000. Before I put it up on Ebay, however, I wanted to throw a line out here to get some feedback on the car and perceived value, etc. Any questions about the car? Anyone interested? Whatever.

Attachments

• marti report.jpg
    marti report.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 91
  • Mustang15.jpg
    Mustang15.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 88
  • mustang 7.jpg
    mustang 7.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 59
  • mustang 9.jpg
    mustang 9.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 43
  • mustang 13.jpg
    mustang 13.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 71
  • appraisal.jpg
    appraisal.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 80
  • mustang 8.jpg
    mustang 8.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 71
  • mustang 11.jpg
    mustang 11.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Mustanglvr

What a beautiful car! So has anybody figured out what "basic off-standard equipment" means?

DLedin

...I know that the script on the passenger side is incorrect...

To me it looks like it's the driver's side script that is incorrect while the passenger side is fine, or am I missing something? Regardless, it is a great-looking car and good luck with the sale.

-DLedin

Midnight Special

...That is an exceptionallly nice looking car! I can see $25K on appearance, but would like to see more photos of the underside, trunk and grille area. Was the engine and trans also rebuilt?

OP
OP
F

Flgtcs

Yes, the engine and transmission were redone. I will work to get photos of the undercarriage, etc...

BroadwayBlue

That's interesting - at least to me.

In comparing the Marti report for this car and my new CS.

They were ordered and built within about a week of each other in March.

They had exactly the same options, except for the tires.
The exterior color was the same too. Acapulco Blue.

Both cars sat until September before they were sold. This one on 9/17 and mine on 9/20.

My other CS was built in April and sat until October. I figured that one sat longer due to lack of options (3 speed, no power steering or brakes) but these were both automatics with power steering.

Would be interesting to find out the average time between Build and Sale dates.

Sorry - went a little off topic there.

Nice car - good luck on the sale!