• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

My GT/CS was in a Hit and Run!!!!!

Mustanglvr

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I had my car sitting at the gas pumps at a local gas station the other day. My husband and I were in the store and we heard a loud crack outside and only briefly thought about what it could be. :frust: Brushing it off that it was some vehicle out on the highway making a weird noise. We left and went about our day and later come to find that someone had hit the front bumper on my GT/CS!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It was bent down badly and the skirt underneath was pushed in. It was hit very low so there was no damage to the grill, fog lights or hood, thank goodness. There was a trace of maroon and white paint right square in the middle of the bumper on the point. Um, but theres no point there anymore,:cry: .
Nobody saw or heard a thing and the videotape had already been taped over by the time I contacted the store. :mad::frust: The damage is minimal and probably not enough to even make an insurance claim, (less then $500.00?)but I`d sure like to get my hands on the creep that did it!!!!!!!!:punch: :punch: :punch:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody for letting me vent. I feel better now.:icon_bore

Midnight Special

...Very very sorry Rhonda :-( Only glad the damage wasn't alot worse, tho I know that doesn't make you feel any better.... A simple door ding would likely set me off. Very sorry for you :-(

P.S. Depending on how big your town is - you may watch the body shops for awhile... My neighbor had a drunk driver take out a large portion of their fence (hit & run) leaving paint chips et-al... We found the suspect car at a body shop a few days later & got a confession.

rvrtrash

That really stinks! To bad you can't find the jerk and bend the point of his nose down into where his teeth used to be.:mad:

Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Talk about a bad day. Sorry for your loss.:cry:

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

:smile: Thanks guys, I knew I could count on you all to make me feel better.

I definitely would like to do that to the person that did it Steve. :icon_twis

Thank you Jason, I am very grateful that it was`nt any worse. Somebody certainly was looking out for my car that day.

I`m going to check on the body shops around town. That is a very good idea Tim! :thumb:
:cry: Its been a rough couple of weeks in my life lately and I really did`nt need this too, but I can get through this. You guys are great!

sam

Rhonda, just read about the unfortunate mis-hap on your CalSpec. Really sorry, and sure glad it didn't happen to me. Hope you can get it repaired to your original condition. Hav e a nice day.

Mustanger

Rhonda, I'm bummed to hear about your little mishap ... it's sad that the person who did this didn't leave you a note to contact him - that would've been the right thing to do ... oh well, at least no one got hurt, and it sounds like the damage wasn't too major ...

Diesel Donna

Wow, talk about ruining your day. Sorry to hear about that Rhonda. I feel your pain.

TheBlkPearl

We are surrounded by inconsiderate jerks

Get the rope boys - we've got a lynchin to do!!!!

19HCS68

What a bummer!!! :mad: When my '70 Challenger was hit and run I was furious. Cratered my right rear quarter panel. If I could have found out who did it, I would have sent some friends go visit him/her with a blow torch and vise grips.:icon_evil

joedls

I'm really sorry for what happened to you, Rhonda. I had someone torch a 72 Chevelle I owned when I was 19. I was livid. Every spare moment was used hunting the guy down for a couple of months. Luckily for both of us, I never found him.

mmarsalone

Rhonda,

Sorry about your hit and run. Like the others have said, it really could have been worse. I think the front is the best place and if they didn't get your grille, the other parts are regular Mustang parts. My fear is to get hit in the rear, and damage my original fiberglas. Then the sides would be bad if they caught your scoops. When I'm stopped at a light and no one is behind me yet, I'm checking my mirrors to see that the next guy behind me is stopping. I also do this on the motorcycle, don't want to get rear ended. I leave the bike in gear until I have a stopped car behind me. That way, if I need to take off to prevent being rear ended, I'm ready to go.

Midnight Special

mmarsalone said:
Rhonda,

Sorry about your hit and run. Like the others have said, it really could have been worse. I think the front is the best place and if they didn't get your grille, the other parts are regular Mustang parts. My fear is to get hit in the rear, and damage my original fiberglas. Then the sides would be bad if they caught your scoops. When I'm stopped at a light and no one is behind me yet, I'm checking my mirrors to see that the next guy behind me is stopping. I also do this on the motorcycle, don't want to get rear ended. I leave the bike in gear until I have a stopped car behind me. That way, if I need to take off to prevent being rear ended, I'm ready to go.

Indeed, that's probably why there aren't many Shelbys on the road anymore. As much as we enjoy driving, ...and as GT/CScarsity increases - I don't look forward to that day when paranoia out-weighs pleasure! Let's keep up support of our unfortunate towards rapid recovery...

Last edited:

BroadwayBlue

Hey Rhonda,

Sorry to hear of your mishap. As everyone said it could've been worse. Hopefully the damage won't to bad (re: $$)

I had the same thought on the grill. I was think to myself if I'm in a situation that something is going to hit the front I'll try to turn so the fender takes the brunt of it :grin: . Like I'll have a choice.

Seriously though I know it must be tough to go through. It's tough when it's a new car I can't imagine when it's a classic.

Good Luck!

Skychief

Rhonda, I too feel your pain. The way I look at it when I can't find out who it was that did something like that and won't do the right thing is that I am probably lucky I didn't catch them, cause I would be in WAY MORE trouble than they are. I'm glad for you it isn't worse and I hope you can get it fixed soon.

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts. The person that did it had better feel lucky they`ve gotten away with it so far, and even luckier that I did`nt catch them! I am putting this all behind me as a lesson that jerks will be jerks no matter what age, (it could have been an elderly jerk). I`m investing in a good alarm system that will bring attention to something like this in case it happens again.
Everybody here has been great!

Stacey Enderle

Don't feel bad, my CS got nailed 3 times,...

Mustanglvr said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I had my car sitting at the gas pumps at a local gas station the other day. My husband and I were in the store and we heard a loud crack outside and only briefly thought about what it could be. :frust: Brushing it off that it was some vehicle out on the highway making a weird noise. We left and went about our day and later come to find that someone had hit the front bumper on my GT/CS!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: It was bent down badly and the skirt underneath was pushed in. It was hit very low so there was no damage to the grill, fog lights or hood, thank goodness. There was a trace of maroon and white paint right square in the middle of the bumper on the point. Um, but theres no point there anymore,:cry: .
Nobody saw or heard a thing and the videotape had already been taped over by the time I contacted the store. :mad::frust: The damage is minimal and probably not enough to even make an insurance claim, (less then $500.00?)but I`d sure like to get my hands on the creep that did it!!!!!!!!:punch: :punch: :punch:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everybody for letting me vent. I feel better now.:icon_bore

Hi Rhonda,

Don't feel bad, before my CS came into my possession, it got nailed 3 times! It wasn't moving at all at the time it was hit. 2 times, rear ended, and once on the drivers side. On the driver's side, my brother was using it and some dork side swiped it. While he was waiting for a door replacement, he had a huge "band aid sticker" he put on the side that said "OUCH!!!" I was in the car in the back seat while my folks were in it when it was rear ended the first time and to this day, it still has that little scar on the rear bumper. I left it there for memory's sake. The second time it was rear ended. My folks were in the car. The kid who rear ended it, smashed up his front end pretty bad, far worse than our CS. He hit the car so hard that my Mom's glasses flew off and landed on top of loaf of bread. Ya might say, that loaf of bread was trying to see who rear ended them! I can still see on the trunk the repair work they did on it, it wasn't a very good job, but at the same time, it was good enough for my folks. I plan on getting that redone.

Stacey

OP
OP
Mustanglvr

Mustanglvr

Wow Stacey, I`m sure glad you all came out of those accidents still in one piece. Some cars are just hell-bent on getting wrecked. My car had been damaged in the front and repaired before I got it, from what I can tell since the grill is a 67. They`re alot like children, we have to send them out into the world and risk them getting damaged. We can`t be too protective.