• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

HCS in need of TLC.....

somethingspecial

Thanks Richard, I do have this one in the Registry, sent in by Bob Teets. I really appreciate the due diligence of members to pass on all GT/CS-HCS cars found on the internet and pass them on here. Because of this, We have added over 100 unknown cars to the Registry, which include known clones, Gold Nugget Specials with GT/CS Clothing (three so far) etc. Thanks again and keep them coming. Mike

mbsf1970

still a LOT high for that Frankenstein vehicle. Yikes!! Looks like the new owner will have lots to find (of the hidden variety) once he/she brings it home!
Stephen

franklinair

I see $20K+ to bring this car back: complete interior, exterior body & paint, floor pan(s) & torque box(s). A low optioned model. It has no P/S or P/B. Economically, past the point of no return. IMHO. If I were to take it on, $3K-$5K value based on closer inspection.

Neil

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

+1 on 20k plus... on the upside its not overly molested, just neglected. Rust looks to be potentially significant, torque box looks shot, door and rear 1/4 show some rot... trunk looks suspect.

Engine bay looks pretty stock and the interior needs a gutting and replacement, but thats easy.

Body and paint could go 10k easy, depending on what you can do yourself vs pay for metal replacement. Interior 1-2k, basic engine/trans rebuild 4-6k, brakes and suspension another 1k, new bumpers and chrome or replace window frames another 1k, all the other "minor" stuff (trims, badges, etc) and you get to 20k without trying too hard.... so if you paid less than 10k you would only be slightly upside down as nice C codes seem to be in the mid 20's recently...

IMHO if its running and driveable 5-7k would be a "reasonable" price to both sides. If someone really wanted one 8k would be pushing its value. On the plus side it does seem to have have the OEM fiberglass. Have seen far worse cars ressurected, and it is a GTCS/HCS....

Odd it has a 67 gas cap and front seats....

shane18fly

Hcs

What is the car in the background? Looks like a convertible clone. The fog lamps caught my eye but looks like a rag-top? shane

classicsguy

This dealer sells Shelbys and if you go to his website you will see that he has a 1968 GT500 Shelby convertible (white) going for $175k ,don't know if itts that one in the background but could be