• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 GT/CS in Hemmings

BroadwayBlue

franklinair

This was on E-Bay recently. Bidding reached $11K+. Reserve not met.
Are the side scoop stripes positioned a little low?

Neil

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Neil

On the passenger side they seem to be but could be the angle of the picture.
I regret the day I have to replace my stripes. Has to be a job that takes a lot of patience I'm sure.

somethingspecial

Interesting, a duplicate VIN in the Registry. I also have this VIN with a Raven Black color code. The Raven Black VIN was a transfer over from past records. I would be more apt to accept this VIN, since the photos don't lie. Would still need a Marti.

Mosesatm

Neil

Yes, the passenger side is way too low on the scoop. There are a few other things that bother me about this car and anyone who asks this much for a car had better be able to have some of the basics correct. Plus I'm in a mood, so here goes.

There are extra stripes on the scoops just behind the door (3rd photo).

Check out the photo of the open trunk. Way over on the right side it looks like there is some serious damage next to the right end cap.

The grille is painted black

Fog lights missing the posts

Not sure where those horns came from

The underside is painted black, and everything is painted.

There are no seat bolt hole covers.

In the 4th attached photo the exhaust pipe seems to be a mangled mess but that may be due to angles and shadows.

Black tail light bezels

It may be parked on a hill but the left side of the car seems to sit much higher than the right side (2nd photo)

The exhaust tips are a disgrace.

On the plus side, the paint and body look great, and I certainly give the seller credit for posting so many photos, but IMO anyone looking to buy this car had better inspect it carefully and shouldn't be taken in by the shiny paint.

There seems to be a need for GT/CS & HCS consulting services, because sellers don't seem to understand some of the most basic details, and I have yet to see a correct GT/CS in a Mustang coffee table book.

Attachments

• 3790bebb09_640.jpg
    3790bebb09_640.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 46
  • e26c105a5e_640.jpg
    e26c105a5e_640.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Scoop Stripe.jpg
    Scoop Stripe.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 26195049-770-0@2X.jpg
    26195049-770-0@2X.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

franklinair

But it DOES look like a nice driver. But, nice drivers don't go for $35K.:eek:

Neil

azbeneman

I understand dealers needing to make a buck, but these prices are pipe dreams. They will be sitting on them a long time. I can't remember the last time I saw a "C" code car sell for more than $20k. Demand for most classic cars outside of auctions seems to be real weak right now.

stangfan

A lot depends on where you are. In Canada there is a much smaller supply of GT/CS cars to buy from. When you find a really good one, you pretty much have to pay a higher price. Mine is a C code, and it was in exceptional shape when I found it. The seller wanted $29,000 and I got it for $27,000 in Aug 2012. If I had not paid the price, I would not have gotten the car...plain and simple. I don't feel that I paid too much given that it was a 50,000 mile, pretty much all original car, that didn't need much work.

You guys south of the border are very lucky to be able to pick and choose. :grin: