• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What is a reasonable price for a CS...?

Hey all, I am interested in purchasing a 68 CS in fairly good condition. It has new paint and low miles on the rebuilt engine. Could you guys give me a rough ballpark on what I should be paying? Not asking for exact numbers here, just curious to know what the neighborhood we are talking about it.

Thanks!

Carl

:-\

68sunlitgold

calrsz,
We need the engine size, to make a good estimate, and is there any rust, all the CS parts there?
Doug

OP
OP
G

Hey. The engine is a 289 with some extras: 4 barrel Holley 600 CFM, Edelbrock manifold, and Crane cams. There is a small amout rust and the crome is peeling off the bumpers. But nothing too major, just some minute spots. The engine and transmission were rebuilt in 1988 but have had low miles since then. The front seats are not stock, they were replaced with buckets. There are a few other minor things like the steering wheel and shift level also not being stock.

Thanks again.

Carl

68sunlitgold

carlsz,
A GT/CS with a 289 (matching numbers) that has all the C/S parts and has some rust should go in the range $4000 - $6000. If it has some of the rare options, like tilt-away steerng, cruise control (very rare) convenience group and other options, the price would tend to be on the upper side of this. The bottom line for any GT/CS is to make sure it is an original CS. There are alot of clones out there. Good luck and keep us informed.
Doug