• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Heard a interesting story about a 428 CS last night

390cs68rcode

Was at a large (175+) car cruise in last night. There is a lcal guy that likes 428 cars (68's) and has 3-4 of them. I was talking to him and my car came up and he said he knows where a real 428 CS is sitting in a field in Colorado. He said the car is almost too far gone and the guy will not sell. Next time I talk to this guy I will see if he can get some more info on the car.

case12

While we wait for Kevin to get us the data we are requesting, I happened to be poking through his book, "Mustang by the Numbers" and noticed that of ALL 68 coupes there were only 221 with 428CJs, which will make the number of CS and HCS pretty low (CS even lower since 428 came out later in the year when HCS's were being shipped). Fastbacks by far got the most 428CJs in 68. Casey

68MustangHCS

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2230;start=0#msg15198 date=1128883410]
a real 428 CS is sitting in a field in Colorado.
[/quote]

Could be a HCS? I recently saw pictures of a rotting Mopar Superbird down in Georgia. Some people hold onto stuff trying to make a fortune while they just let the cars rot to the ground. No hope for those people.

twoclassics

Jason, Why don't you give me his name and number and I will see if I can find it for you, I am sure you are way too busy ::)

Mosesatm

[quote author=twoclassics link=board=1;threadid=2230;start=0#msg15213 date=1128903476]
Jason, Why don't you give me his name and number and I will see if I can find it for you, I am sure you are way too busy ::)
[/quote]

Wow, what a unselfish, caring act. The way we all look out for each other on this site is just so touching I'm getting all choked up. It's almost like a huge, albeit dysfunctional, family!

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

hehe

if the car could be bought I would definately keep the info to myself. Once we got to the point in the conversation about it NOT being for sale I didn't even bother to ask.

I do however know of a 428 CS/HCS that might be for sale. I WILL NOT give this info out. Now that's selfish! ;D

twoclassics

Hey I am not a newbie anymore, how about that, I have graduated, what do I get

68MustangHCS

[quote author=twoclassics link=board=1;threadid=2230;start=0#msg15228 date=1128906149]
Hey I am not a newbie anymore, how about that, I have graduated, what do I get
[/quote]

You drive a Chevy! You can't trust them Chevy guys... ha ha.. :)