• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 She won 1st place at Roundup!

aemoo28

I am here to proudly (& surprisingly) that Satan won FIRST PLACE at Mustangs Northwest's annual Roundup show People's Choice show. 1st place in the GTCS/Mach1/Bullit section that they placed ALL CS cars into. Competing against the Bullits, those pretty Mach 1 cars, and ALL other CS cars...

And she won a special award sponsored by Nat'l Parts Depot for "Car most needing help during restoration", and awarded me a gift cert. I posted a story on her revival to tell her history.

Wow is what I can say.

The ballot had something new this year to prepare for MCA nat'l show next year. They grouped all Bullit/Mach1/Calspec in their own class. It was confusing as a couple CS cars were (oops) put into the 05-09 coupe and 68 coupe class.

Like Steve H, who won 2nd place in the coupe class with his 68 CS, as sponsored by RnRclassics! Thanks clubpro!

And Bill who won (I think) 2nd place in the MCA judged class.

3 1968 CS, no HCS, 4 new CS verts, and 9 new CS coupes attended!

And there was a dedicated section within classes to park the old and new CS cars in to set them apart from the rest.

Way to go Specials!

Attachments

• RU 2009 GTCS 003.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 003.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 44
  • RU 2009 GTCS 001.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 001.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 50
  • RU 2009 GTCS 006.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 006.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 44
  • RU 2009 GTCS trophy 004.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS trophy 004.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

My girls 1968 & 2008 GT/CS

My two black GT/CS cars. Old and new.

Attachments

• RU 2009 GTCS 009.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 009.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 26
  • RU 2009 GTCS 017.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 017.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 27
  • RU 2009 GTCS 020.jpg
    RU 2009 GTCS 020.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 26

mechanicalguy48

Omigosh, I left too early!! You won first place !!!! HA hahahaha. We both had 68 Cal Specials but they put us in different classes and then parked us both out of our class areas,,,, so I guess it worked to our advantage huh ,,,lol. Thats great,,,congrats Amy. She had such a story on her car ,,,, I had to take a pic of it ..hope you can read it.

Attachments

• amystory.jpg
    amystory.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

Ah! Y'all will see this story in Cory's (hookedtrout) book soon. Steve, post a photo of your trophy! I'm so proud of us!

franklinair

I KNEW that car had potential!! Ain't it amazin what miracles can be worked!
Congrats.

Neil

Mustanger

Congrats, Amy!! With all the hard work you've put in, you definitely earned an award :thumb: ...

rvrtrash

Way to go Amy! I wish I could have been there to see it. I hereby nominate you for the "Daniel Webster Award" as well. (Obscure literary reference to see who's paying attention)

Steve

Timmknz

Way to go folks!

I'm not a bit surprised either! All the hard work pays off!
Congrats again
Tim

68 special

Congratulations Amy, I knew the potential was there, it just took a lot of patience. Also to Bill and Steve for a great showing.

Bret

J.Bart

amy,
do you think the trophy, or win, would have meant as much, if you wouldn't have had to work so unbeleivably hard for it??? this one probably means alot to you doesn't it??

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

amy,
do you think the trophy, or win, would have meant as much, if you wouldn't have had to work so unbeleivably hard for it??? this one probably means alot to you doesn't it??

You know, JB, that's the thing. I have respect for myself that I didn't have before. Perhaps I should thank the seller of my car for the gross misrepresentation because none of these wonderful experiences would have come to frutition if my car were in the condition represented at time of sale.

The story actually began before I picked up the car, when I was given phone numbers and addresses of CS forum members to stop and visit during my drive home.

Link to the story of getting this car home:

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6662

I never thought I'd have so much support with this car.

The education and road to this destination has been one of the most valuable experiences in my entire life. Those that stepped forward to encourage, cheer, and support me really made a difference to me. Complete strangers who are now my forever friends have shown me kindness I will never forget.

The story I wrote in hookedtrout's book says it all; "What this car means to me." I hope you all get a chance to read it because I dedicate it to each and everyone of you.

Amy

Sarge

Excellent story, and a big congratulations! It truly shows what you are capable of doing when you have the will and mindset to never quit. You Rule!