• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Headlight switch removal

miller511

Hey all,

I'm looking for some help with getting the old headlight switch out of the dash.

There must be a trick.

Can someone explain the procedure for removing the headlight switch?

Thanks, Jeff

PFSlim

Jeff

I hope those instructions make sense to you. I had remove and replace my headlight switch a couple of times. Got pretty good at it in those days. Let me know if you need something.

Paul

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Paul,

Thanks so much. The instructions were very well written. After I understood that I had to pull pretty hard and wiggle the headlight knob, it came right out.

However, I was disappointed to find that changing out the headlight switch didn't fix my issue of pulsing headlights/pulsing dash lights.

Since I'd recently put in a new alternator and a new voltage regulator, there were only two more thing left that it could be...the condensor for the alternator (mounted with the voltage regulator) or a bad ground somewhere. I was hoping that a new condensor (FYI- Kragen Auto Parts calls it a capacitor) would solve the problem...it DID!!!.

The thought of hunting for a bad ground just seemed daunting.

Thanks again Paul.

-Jeff