• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Presidential Blue

luisa2552

OK, I'm trying to get my colors straight- isn't Presidential Blue darker? This looks like Acapulco Blue?? And whats with the antenea in the back? Did some cars come that way? I like the look.

Mosesatm

My thoughts exactly. It seems to be somewhere between Acapulco Blue and Presidential Blue. The only picture that looks correct is the close up of the scoop.

Attached is the scoop picture. Also attached are a couple pictures of other Presidential Blue cars.

No matter what the color of that car is on eBay it's a nice looking car! The VIN is buried at the bottom of the description. It's not in the '88 Registry.

Last edited:

Mustanglvr

He says it has DSO 71 for Phoenix. Phoenix is actually DSO 75. Does`nt October 1st 1968 sound pretty late in the year for date of build? I think the antenna could be installed by the dealer and the customer had a choice of either front or back placement.

mmarsalone

I'd be very suspect of this car without a Marti Report. The description is a little deceptive, but all I take away is that it's an authentic San Jose built car. This website can't verify an authentic CS. He tells you to do your own research. I w really wouldn't trust this one. Too many different parts thrown on it.

Mike

rvrtrash

The guy is off on a couple of things. DSO 71 is LA, not Phoenix. His build date is way off. He shows a VIN of 149XXX, built in Oct. Mine is 161XXX and was built in May. Also the side scoop doesn't have any witness line. He's got Shelby emblems all over it. He almost admits it's probably not real in his description. I'd say it's probably a fake, but it does look nice. By the way, why would you order the upper console and not the lower?:confused:
Steve

mmarsalone

rvrtrash said:
By the way, why would you order the upper console and not the lower?:confused:
Steve

Steve,

You couldn't order the overhead console by itself. It as part of the Deluxe interior option. All he's done is add the wood grain dash. The lower console could be ordered as a stand alone option.

Mike

Perkchiro

In addition to what others have noted about this car, also note the improper GT gas cap and the improperly painted tail light panel. Need a Marti report to confirm this one.

gt bandit

Faking It

Whilst , I am not one for determining Authenticity - I notice that the bidders are members of this site and for what its worth appear to be regulars.

but i don't see them posting on this one ?? :wink:

390cs68rcode

gt bandit said:
Whilst , I am not one for determining Authenticity - I notice that the bidders are members of this site and for what its worth appear to be regulars.

but i don't see them posting on this one ?? :wink:

I bid $12,500 just to see if he was giving it away.

Mosesatm

Jason, before too long you'll need to buy your neighbor's house, gut it, and turn it into a heated and cooled garage!

Mosesatm

luisa2552 said:
I gotta ask, what's a witness line??

Sara, attached are a couple pictures of scoops with witness lines. They are the ridge that runs along the outer front edge of the scoop. Most painters sand them down because the front edge of the scoop gets beat up with rock chips so the whole front of the scoop gets primed and sanded. Preserving the witness line is a lot of work and most painters don't understand the need for it and/or aren't going to spend the time to keep it.

On the green scoop the line is at the top, and on the white scoop it can be seen all along the front edge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

luisa2552

I feel like such a newbie! I wish I knew about this before mine was painted. I'm going to have to check them next time I go see my car. Are they only present on original scoops or to repros have them too?

Mosesatm

I think someone mentioned in an earlier thread that Rebel Mustang's scoops might have the witness line. As far as I know none of the other supplier's sccops have them.

Mosesatm

BTW, I think the scoop on the green car is incorrect in that the surface behind the mesh should be black instead of green.

rvrtrash

Thanks for answering for me Arlie. My internet has been down all day and came up just a short while ago.
Steve