• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Found a 68 CS in a Garage in Illinois....

Devil

Hey, I saw this site and thought I would take a look. I found this car in a garage in Illinois... if the owner of the car is on here I apologize... but it hasn't moved in a very, very long time so just wondering what's special about these cars. It seems like a cool little car... but I'm a diehard mopar guy, got a few of them. But I have found tons of mustangs and such, this is just the rarest one I have found.

DSC00974.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

And here are the other cars in yard pictures.

http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/trekie83/my_photos

Ryan

390cs68rcode

if it has a 390 or 428 motor then it is pretty valuable. Looks like it has traction bars but no dual exhaust. If it is a 289 it COULD be worth from 5-12k depending on rust issues. Find out what motor it has.

68gt390

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=2361;start=0#msg16416 date=1131538380]
if it has a 390 or 428 motor then it is pretty valuable. Looks like it has traction bars but no dual exhaust. If it is a 289 it COULD be worth from 5-12k depending on rust issues. Find out what motor it has.
[/quote]

Jason;
Were did you see traction bars? I can see what looks like shackles sticking down on one side. With all that crap piled on the car seems like somebody doesn't care much about it. What a shame. :(

Don

miller511

The bigger question...

Am I the only one sitting here wondering WHY in the Devil (sorry;-) someone's taking pictures of a CS in a garage (looks like residential) where he doesn't know who the owner is? Just curious.

luisa2552

Did you check out his link?? This guy is a busy photographer!
BTW, is the dash VIN the best way to check engine size? There is a beater CS I've seen around here and if I see it again I want to check in out. The guy might not realize what he has if its a S or R code.

Sara

OP
OP
D

Devil

Hum... I thought it was a Shelby... then I talked to the owner and he told me it was a California Special.

And the car is hiding out here in Dekalb Illinois.

Ryan

L8GR868

I don't see a valance that uses a dual exaust probly a small block. Just my two cents.