• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

strip on gt/cs

imported_tree

well , fellow gt/cs comrads. need your opions on the subject of putting a gt/cs stripe on my car?the car can be seen on the gallery or these photos that i will try to project on this screen.thanks terry....... ::)

PFSlim

Terry

I hear what you are saying. When we restored our car (see Paul & Brian Stevenson - page 4 of gallery) the paint job was so excellent that I did not want to put the stripe on. However, I am glad we did because the car would not be a GT/CS without the stripe (my opinion).

We installed the stripe ourselves. We ordered from a guy in California. Look back at different posts on this site and you can find the guys name and telephone number.

By the way, you have a great looking car!!!

Paul

njmop

Choosing Stripes

I like the stripe, my car too has no stripe (needs paint anyway). What the deal with reflective vs. non-reflective (I know the obvious...). I mean, some vendors offer both, but can I assume that the non-reflective is "stock". Also, does quality differ with the kit vendors? I just don't want to have my car painted and then put on a hack of a stripe!

Anyway...to all, I need Lucas lamps and a RH (passenger) scoop (among other things). Let me know if anyone has a good line on good quality parts.

njmop

On more thing

Terry,
I noticed that your car has the fiberglass section painted white (near the tail lights). I like that too. Has anyone figured out if that is a factory option, dealer option or just a personal preference?
:)

19HCS68

Re:On more thing

[quote author=njmop link=board=1;threadid=2136;start=0#msg14444 date=1126725829]
Terry,
I noticed that your car has the fiberglass section painted white (near the tail lights). I like that too. Has anyone figured out if that is a factory option, dealer option or just a personal preference?
[/quote]

It looks to me like the color is argent (Silver), not white. The Shelbys has that part painted argent. I could be wrong, but I do not think that was an option in 68 for Cal Specials or HCS cars. People would paint that part around the taillights (I don't know the name of that part) argent to look like a Shelby when they would repaint the car.

Gary

68gt390

Re:On more thing

[quote author=njmop link=board=1;threadid=2136;start=0#msg14444 date=1126725829]
Terry,
[/quote]

The entire tail section on the GT/CS was body color from the factory and was not a dealer option. Some folks prefer to paint that area with argent paint.

Don ;)

PFSlim

All

I don't think the reflective stripe was original. As well, there were only a few colors the stripe came in. The vendor mentioned in this forum (several times in the past) is a guy who knows GT/CS's and knows what colors of stripes should be on cars.

With regards to tail light panels, it was my understanding that they were all painted the same color as the car, but am not sure about it. Paul N. would know for sure plus several other original owners from this site.

Paul

njmop

Re:stripE on gt/cs

Thanks for the help. The stripe for my Acupulco blue is white (thanks to all that helped in earlier post). I can't wait to get my car back to it's original color! I think the argent is a nice accent look to the Tree's black CS ;D

P

PNewitt

Yes, you're right...

No reflective stripes were available for the GT/CS or HCS (which is kinda strange, because the '69 Shelby stripes were designed at the same time at Shelby American for the '69 model year).

The taillight panel was ALWAYS body color, although I've seen many in argent, or in matte black.

Paul N.