• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS ebay price history

Mosesatm

A person with a GT/CS on ebay posted all GT/CS cars sold on ebay over the past few months to show that his car is worth around $15,000. The numbers are interesting and very consistent.

I hope the numbers all transferred over correctly. The copy and paste didn't work too well. Below is the link to the car on ebay.

"Knowing that I would be selling this car for a while now I have watched the GT/CSs being auctioned on Ebay and have noticed a wide range from rust buckets, to poorly done clones, to decent quality, to show quality. Below is a list of the decent and higher quality GT/CSs over the last 5 months.

High Bid (Res. not met) Sold
1. $14,000
2. $14,500
$13,100
3.$15,000
4.$14,900
5.$14,400
6.$14,300
7.$12,599
8.$15,544
9.$20,700
10. $19,500
11.$15,750
12. $14,500
13.$15,225
14.$15,700
15. $14,500

Average $15,222 $15,333

Looking at these vehicles compared to mine, I would consider mine to be in better condition, better color schemes and better optioned than most of these, yet I have set my reserve below these averages and well below the Average value as defined in NADA guides of $17,875 (http://www.nadaguides.com)"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6236&item=4524105977&rd=1

case12

Good catch and good info! I wonder if some of the high bid numbers not meeting reserve were of the same car not being sold (we have seen that with the green GT/CS several times recently). Either way, it is a guage of current prices on the average. Sorta interesting to see how many are being sold lately. Casey

bish

Anyone know if Brad, forum name Darb sold his GT/CS on ebay a short time back?

If so how much did he get for it?

It seemed to be a good example. I'd be interested in how much he got for it, If I recall the reserve was not met.

68gt390

It is a good gauge for looking at current prices being asked and gotten for the GT/CS. However, if you look at the add for this particular car he considers his to be in better condition than those already offered or as it states in the add "Overall this classic is in outstanding condition". How do you classify a car to be in outstanding condition with the items he has stated that need to be either replaced or fix'd. Headliner has a tear in it, radio dosen't work, drivers side windows don't work, rear bumper needs replaced, dash clock doesn't work, turn signals don't work and he has never checked the A/C to verify that it in fact only needs a charge. His estimate to replace these items or repair would be no more than $500 not including radio.

If there is a problem with the A/C other than needing just a charge you could spend that much or more just in that area alone. The majority of previous offered GT/CS cars that I saw at least the windows and turn signals worked. And the fog lamps were mounted correctly.
That's just my take on this particular add.

Don ???

Sarge

and did you check out the rear valance and exhaust pipes on this one? Interesting use of "parts is parts".

J.Bart

i would like to see someone, who is selling there gt/cs, to take it to barrett-jackson's car auction in california. it is in orange county may 27-29 2005
has anyone seen what cars are selling for at their auctions? i would like to see what they get out of a gt/cs, i'll bet it would boost the values

68gt390

After seeing some of the prices they hauled in this past weekend it would be an interesting venture to say the least. Car better be in tip top shape or you'll be outside the main tent in a car corral somewhere.

Don't know if anyone on this site has sold a car at Barrett/Jackson or not but, car has to meet specific criteria or be 1 of a kind in order to be selected for the main auction area. Either way it is well worth the trip and experience. Prior to each auction they hold regardless of location I like to check their listing of cars going up for auction. Have yet to see a GT/CS.

Don

case12

After watching some of the cars on BJ auction, I think the one I would like to see up there would be Bob's 428CJ HCS. (Not trying to sell your car Bob :) ). But that is the kind of car that would draw attention! But the problem is that the word has still not gotten out there to the collector car world about the GT/CS and HCS to get the attention like Boss's and Shelby's have, even though they are just as rare. This site is absolutely fantastic at helping to get the word out, and leveraging Paul's legacy and books. On the other hand, its not all about $$...I didnt buy my GT/CS for an investment....I bought it cause it looks so darn good, and very few people have ever seen or heard of it. Casey

390cs68rcode

here is some more pricing info on one car:

I paid $16,500 for the car below. It arrived a couple of days ago. I have been looking it over and found that it has original carb, exhaust, AC compressor, 1970 date coded tires, heater hoses and almost everything else that a 47k mile car would have.

info on car from seller
1968 California Special
VIN 8R01C151475

Verified with Marti report

Royal Maroon Paint
Black Standard Bucket Seats
19 March 1968 Scheduled Build Date
DSO 71 (Los Angeles)
2.79 Standard Axle Ratio
C-4 Automatic Transmission
GT/CS Option
Power Steering
Air Conditioner – Selectaire
AM Radio
Tinted Glass
Deluxe Belts
Wheel Covers

Car currently has white vinyl top which was likely dealer installed. Mileage is 47,100 which I believe to be correct. The car still retains the original black and yellow California plates and original exhaust. It is entirely rust free and in very, very good condition. It has been repainted once. Has all the appropriate GT/CS parts.

PB gtcs

JB, welcome to the club. We hope you enjoy this car as much as you enjoy your other cars. Looks like a nice stable. Please let us know when you get some pics in the gallery.

Brian

390cs68rcode

[quote author=GTCSMustang link=board=1;threadid=1365;start=0#msg7927 date=1107376456]
Hey Jason.

How did you determine the date code on the tires?

Scott
[/quote]

I wish I could take credit for finding and knowing what to look for but my mechanic spotted the codes (I think they were on the inside of the tire instead of the side with the whitewall).

GTCSMustang

If you find out how he dated them, let me know. I haven't found anyone who knows how the old tires were dated...including GoodYear.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

OK every time I look at the picture of front of this car on ebay I get more and more annoyed.

Is that how a local Ford dealer would have honored the recall notice on the fog lights, by installing huge Lucas lights in the original grille mount brackets?

Has anyone ever seen this setup on any other GT/CS?

Mustanglvr

It annoys me too Mosesatm. ???Whoever did it must have thought long and hard on that one, ha ha. I suppose they must have thought the lamps would mount back in where the brackets were. I guess I`d give them at least an A for effort. ha ha ;D Rhonda

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

[quote author=JBART link=board=1;threadid=1365;start=0#msg7919 date=1107314239]
i would like to see someone, who is selling there gt/cs, to take it to barrett-jackson's car auction in california. it is in orange county may 27-29 2005
has anyone seen what cars are selling for at their auctions? i would like to see what they get out of a gt/cs, i'll bet it would boost the values
[/quote]

There is a GT/CS listed for the Kruse auction in Oklahoma City on February 25-26. Does anyone know if Kruse posts auction results?

darb

[quote author=bish link=board=1;threadid=1365;start=0#msg7912 date=1107283939]
Anyone know if Brad, forum name Darb sold his GT/CS on ebay a short time back?

If so how much did he get for it?

It seemed to be a good example. I'd be interested in how much he got for it, If I recall the reserve was not met.
[/quote]

My reserve was actually set farely high - I didn't intend to sell it directly through the bidding, but offer the vehicle to the highest bids.

My biggest offer was 17,850 - which I accepted, but the buyer backed out after he determined proper shipping costs to be roughly around 2,500 to get it across the country.

It's for sale. Again. Starting on the forum. Again. It's under classefieds, GT/CS FOR SALE.

I'm looking to get 17 - 17,500 for it. I had it appraised at about 3,000 more than that - and it's below NADA, and a true stock rarity.

If anyone is interested, e-mail me!

darbb@aol.com

Brad