• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black CS Project

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Good grief. I just went back and reviewed the posts on this car, and can't believe I've had it for 3 years+.
It will be Sunlit Gold (original color) with Deluxe Nugget Gold interior, Black CS striping, and perhaps Black hood stripe.
I've already got a TON of new parts waiting for the car to come out of the paint shop: all new suspension (front & rear), interior, upgraded A/C, console. And possibly Shelby wheels.
I'll check compression & oil pressure to determine engine status, but I'll have to pull it out anyway to clean/detail the engine & engine bay.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0191 (2).jpg
    IMG_0191 (2).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 43

classicsguy

Great decision to keep the original color Neil! Its going to be gorgeous once you finish,keep us posted

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

So as not to disappoint my 'son' Rob:

Neil

Attachments

• Black CS.jpg
    Black CS.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Black CS2.jpg
    Black CS2.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 55

mbsf1970

I second that choice!! A Shiny black is hard to beat!! A bugger to keep clean and streak free but oh how it glistens....

My first mustang was a triple black and it was gorgeous! Looks like you're going to need to kick out a tenant soon. Any developments on the "garage" close to home?

Stephen

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Rob; That's correct.
Gold stripes, Deluxe Gold interior, Shelby 10 spokes. Plus the factory A/C, P/S, P/B, C-4. Plus AM/FM. :icon_ecst

Neil

Mosesatm

Rob; That's correct.
Gold stripes, Deluxe Gold interior, Shelby 10 spokes. Plus the factory A/C, P/S, P/B, C-4. Plus AM/FM. :icon_ecst

Neil

Properly installed.:wink:

That is going to look incredible!!! And with a gold window sticker.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

10 spokes are easy once you know the trick (tightening lug nuts).:eek:
(I've lost that photo of my Yellow CS. Would liked to have saved it for posterity, maybe even make an 8 X 10 photo copy!!)

Neil

azbeneman

That is going to be sooooo cool! Neil, your cars are high quality restorations, so this will be one of the best around. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Stick with the 10 spokes (unless you can get a set of 65 Cragars like mine):)

Craig

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yep, that's the one. The photos were in my digital camera that dumped.
Nice to have a visual reminder of one's finer moments. :eek:

Neil

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I just got word: My Black CS will be delivered next week.:grin:

Neil

Attachments

• BLACK CS2.jpg
    BLACK CS2.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 37