• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Console resto

gt bandit

Hello ,

Anyone here restored the console, i have DK red interior and i would like to try and get the color tones to match a little better than they are today. The Vinyl top is really dark and the plastic base is lighter.

Any ideas how ? I have seen interior paint advertised - does this work ? Which brand do you recommend?

Also any photos of a resto underway identifying the mounting locations for the console greatly appreciated. Mine seems to be mounted a little Ad hoc and they have used Penny's as washers !!!!.

shaun

L8GR868

I used a brand callled SEM color coat. Its a simple spray on and you can get it at O'Reily auto parts know, but you have to ask for it. It works great on plastic and vinyl.It will look new.
Eric

rvrtrash

I used an interior vinyl paint that I got from Year One. My interior is dark red also and I think it turned out great. They have the colors listed by year. I'll go out in a bit and take a pic and post it here to show you. And yes, I did finally break down and buy a new camera that takes decent pics!:grin:

Steve

PFSlim

I ordered my interior vinyl die and paint from Mustangs Unlimited. I had to paint everything inside my car to include a newly restored console. I thought it turned out great.

Paul

Attachments

• Stang12.JPG
    Stang12.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Stang460.JPG
    Stang460.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Stang459.JPG
    Stang459.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

I ordered my interior vinyl die and paint from Mustangs Unlimited. I had to paint everything inside my car to include a newly restored console. I thought it turned out great.

Paul

thanks to all -
Paul , do you have any shots without the top cover on - i am curious about the mounting points and how they attached - mine looks to have been Butchered a little.
Also - if my car was original factory wood grain dash and door inserts , should the console also have wood grain insert ?

PFSlim

I don't have any pictures of mine without the top cover. However, I do remember using the Interior Assembly Manual to install the console and it seems to me that it was pretty acurate and helpful. Do you have a copy of the manual??

Paul

OP
OP
gt bandit

gt bandit

thanks Paul - No i don't have a shop manual. but i will be getting one.

is the interior assembly manual part of the overall shop manual you can buy from NPD?
or is it a separate copy ?

thanks shaun

PFSlim

Shaun

I did not buy the big shop manual. I bought the 5 or so set of Factory Assembly Manuals from NPD or Mustangs Unlimited. I believe they were about $15 per manual. There was Body, Interior (one with console), Electrical, Weld/Sealant (we didn't use this one to much), Chassis, and Engine.

I hope that helps.

Paul