• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Those small little rubber boots.....

RacingFan

I can't remember where I saw it, but does anyone know where I can get a set of those small rubber boots that fit over the steel flanges that hold the cardboard luggage protectors in the trunk? I think there are 6 or 8 of them off the top of my head. Thanks!

hicountrybob

I think the flanges on the 67 and 68 rear taillight panels were designed by Ford to ONLY hold the taillight harness in place on the back side of the taillight panel. I believe the rubber boots, of course, were installed to protect the harness from cut and scrape damage and consequently shorts.

The flanges are not involved with the installation of the cardboard luggage protectors. You will find that the REPO protectors are cut out around the flange areas so that the cardboard is able to SEAT UNDER THE UPPER LIP of the back side of your taillight panel. I found this to be true on my 68 KR which is an original, i say original car.

I have found, also, that if the installer pre-bends EASY the cardboard somewhat (use a hairdryer and a warm day) and has patience, your cardboard fits under that lip beautifully. TRY IT. YOU WILL LOVE IT.

All for now.

hicountrybob Bob Teets

what a site! Jon, we'll be talking.

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Thanks Jon, appreciate the information. I kinda figured that I might be wrong about thier purpose when I called National Parts Depot to order them. They had them, but had no idea what I was talking about when I inquired about the cardboard luggage protectors! I intend to order them from Branda unless someone else has gotten them cheaper/better. Thanks for all that answered!

68sunlitgold

RacingFan,
I have not found any place that sells them cheaper, and I liked the quality that Branda has.
Doug

Russ

These "luggage protectors" are sold by National Parts Dept and are called "Fiberboard, Shelby Taillight", part #13434-50A and sell for $14.95 each. The quality is excellent. Hope this helps, Russ

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

Thanks again all, also, Bob I owe you an apology, I think I told Jon thanks instead of you for your post. A thousand pardons!