• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fab Fords Forever - Anyone go this weekend?

hookedtrout

Looks like fun, have to say if I was in Maui I doubt I'd have dropped everything to attend either. You lucky dog you.

Hook

Mosesatm

Oh great, thanks Jon. I thought I was over this whole needing to get a GT/CS thing until I saw the pictures of the Highland Green GT/CS. Looks just like my old one :'(. Now the urge is coming back. That'll be good for another 3 months of withdrawals!

My wife and I were in Maui last week, at the Renaissance in Wailea. Checked out little beach one day....not really worth it, but there is a great place just south of there where you can swim with the dolphins if you don't mind swimming out a ways into the bay.

Mustanger

I was there, and it was a beautiful day ;D, just perfect for strolling around and seeing all the great Mustangs and Fords. I also saw the Cal Specials in the pic's sent in too.
However, it seemed that last year (when Mustang celebrated 40) the Knott's Fab Fords Forever Show had more GT/CSs in attendance.
That black CS that was there this year really looked nice, 8) ... I recognized it as being featured in a couple of Mustang books.

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm pretty sure I met the guy who owns the convertible. He was at the Copper State Mustang show here in Phoenix a couple weeks back and we talked about clones for a bit. Can't recall his name though.

case12

Nice convertible - I take it the GT/CS convertible was built (cloned - or whatever term) from a 68 convertible? Casey

P

PNewitt

I took my CS to the Knotts show in '92 and '93, and I'd put on my registration form : "please park all the GT/CS cars together. Thank you, PN, GT/CS Registrar, etc.."

Sooo....I drive up to the registration tent, and this parking person says to me as I pull up: "yeah, you'll have to park over here, someone made us park all the GT/CS cars together <grumble>".

And I said: "that would be me".

::)