• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

straight across trade

round2k

In 1990 a then young fellow traded his 1965 vintage burgundy hipo fastback straight across for a CS convertible owned by Ernie Gonzales. I'm trying to connect with the fellow that ended up with the convertible to help piece together prior ownership of the hipo. If anyone knows of him and could put me in touch it would be greatly appreciated.

joedls

I don't know what's up with this guy, but he's posted a request for info on Ernie Gonzales several times. I believe someone from this board even put him in touch with Ernie Gonzales one time.

OP
OP
R

round2k

Please read the post; I have connected with Ernie and he was helpful. I am now trying to connect with the owner before Ernie. At the time he ended up with a CS convertible in trade. I am aware that Ford did not make a CS convertible and that the few that exist were created by dealers or other. I'm hoping he might still have it and one of the forum members might know him.

390cs68rcode

Please read the post; I have connected with Ernie and he was helpful. I am now trying to connect with the owner before Ernie. At the time he ended up with a CS convertible in trade. I am aware that Ford did not make a CS convertible and that the few that exist were created by dealers or other. I'm hoping he might still have it and one of the forum members might know him.

just so you know there was NEVER a CS convertible built by Ford.

just want to make sure you are referring to a RESTOMOD CS convertible.

good luck in your search.

joedls

My apologies. I misread your post. Good luck finding the person you're looking for.

OP
OP
R

round2k

To those of you who contacted me, thanks for the help. A recent article in the Under Restoration section of the Feb Hemmings about the restoration of the K code triggered a series of letters and emails and I now have the ownership history of the car. Special thanks to Bob Teets for putting me in touch with one of the POs.

I am trying to get in touch with Jim Rowland, the fellow that ended up with the GT CS aftermarket convertible involved in the trade with Mr Gonzales. If anyone knows Jim and can put me in touch with him it would be appreciated. Thanks.