• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1966 High Country Special Emblems

howlinowl

New member here.

I have a set (pair) of 1966 Ford Mustang High Country Special fender emblems that I'd like to sell. Back in 1982/83 I had pulled the transmission from my 1973 Mach 1, only for it to slip off of the tranny jack and fall to the ground. Cracked the bellhousing of the FMX, so off to the local salvage yard I go (Friesen's in Liberal, Kansas).

The directed me toward the crusher, where they were parting out cars and crushing what was left of them, telling me that there may be a bellhousing in the aluminum scrap pile. I head out there and see a 1966 Mustang that had apparently had a run in with a telephone pole. I went to check it out and noticed the emblems. At the time, I had no idea what they were....figured they were just some aftermarket doo-dads, but pried them off and purchased them with the bellhousing. Stuck them to my bulletin board where they stayed except in '84 when I moved to Florida.... Moved here and back on the board they went.

I believe they were repainted at some time in the past, they are one color blue, not the light/dark two tone that you see on the site....unless there was a color change sometime???

I was going to put them on Ebay, but figured I'd look for a place to post them so someone who would appreciate them might get them.....I have no idea what/if they are worth anything, so figure best offer. Can email pic if you like....dar125@yahoo.com

Thanks
Allan Koeberlin II

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the site Allan.

Too bad about the '66 HCS that was crushed. Was it a coupe, convertible or fastback?

66hcs-conv

I might be interested, depending on condition and price.

PM me & lets talk - thanks. Dave

OP
OP
H

howlinowl

Link to pic:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l63/dar_125/SDC12013.jpg

Car was a hardtop. I want to say it had the standard interior. Engine and trans was already out. Hardtop, standard interior.....kinda why I thought the badges were just aftermarket doo-dads at the time. If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken the vin tag or data plate off the door. Light blue in color.
Allan