• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Car Alarm

tworings

Sorry if this has been asked & answered before, but being a newbie, can I ask what kind of car alarms you've had installed and if you have any recommendations/suggestions? Any problems with electrical? Thanks!

Mustanglvr

I have an alarm made by Bulldog on mine. It has a man`s voice that says "Thank you" from under the hood whenever I start the car. People think its haunted or is really hightech.

case12

I have a Viper 650XV alarm system, with automatic door locks (yes, it is cool to hit the remote and have the door locks go up and down on a 68 mustang). It has a motion sensor if someone bumps up against the car. It is also very loud. I have accidently opened the hood at shows and people around loose their hearing for a few seconds. car. Casey

Perkchiro

case12 said:
I have a Viper 650XV alarm system, with automatic door locks (yes, it is cool to hit the remote and have the door locks go up and down on a 68 mustang). It has a motion sensor if someone bumps up against the car. It is also very loud. I have accidently opened the hood at shows and people around loose their hearing for a few seconds. car. Casey

Casey: Did you install that system yourself? How many false alarms happen if any? I've been looking at these myself and I like the idea of those door actuators opening the locks by remote. Pretty cool on a classic mustang!
Steve

gt bandit

My car is / will be protected by a 3 phase system

1. Akita - Japanese fighting dog :icon_evil
  2. followed closely by Wooden Slugger :eek:
  3. and if that fails , Shannon's Car Insurance

But I do prefer Jason's method , Permanent removal of the Virus.

:cool:

case12

Steve, I did not install it myself. Previous owner had it done. All false alarms were my fault. Like setting the alarm at a show to go get a hot dog. Coming back, forgetting I set the alarm, lifting the hood (which has a mercury sensor) and wham - put the fingers in the ears. It is an awesome alarm - the only thing I worry about now are the hood locks and the lucas light covers walking off. Casey

case12

gt bandit said:
My car is / will be protected by a 3 phase system

1. Akita - Japanese fighting dog :icon_evil
  2. followed closely by Wooden Slugger :eek:
  3. and if that fails , Shannon's Car Insurance

But I do prefer Jason's method , Permanent removal of the Virus.

:cool:

I am the one you need to look out for lurking in the dark. I really like your car, and still kick myself for not bidding on it. Very sweet. What is the ETA now? Casey

gt bandit

case12 said:
I am the one you need to look out for lurking in the dark. I really like your car, and still kick myself for not bidding on it. Very sweet. What is the ETA now? Casey

8th of April -------- but don't hold your breath , shipping was faster when they had sails !!.

Joined my local MOCA , they are a little unsure about me i think ? They have a fake Shelby mentality going on - which is great cause it represents a challenge to change them.

they freaked out at the CS jersey i had on at last meeting , thanks To Tim here. :cool:

Mustanglvr

Just remind them that it is not a Shelby. It is a Special. Which is more rare and a whole lot better.

PFSlim

I guess I am surprised that so many of you have alarms. To be honest, it never crossed my mind to put an alarm on our car. I don't ever drive it to a place that I am basically not just standing there looking at it. Other than driving it to friends and family. At car shows, I am always there or my son is standing guard. I do not drive it to any store or leave it in any parking lot.

However, I do think it is a cool idea to have it alarmed. If there is one car in the parking lot to steal, it would be the one I would go after.

Paul

Mustanglvr

PFSlim said:
I guess I am surprised that so many of you have alarms. To be honest, it never crossed my mind to put an alarm on our car. I don't ever drive it to a place that I am basically not just standing there looking at it. Other than driving it to friends and family. At car shows, I am always there or my son is standing guard. I do not drive it to any store or leave it in any parking lot.

However, I do think it is a cool idea to have it alarmed. If there is one car in the parking lot to steal, it would be the one I would go after.

Paul

I park my car in the Super Walmart parking lot all the time. (In a town of 12,000) I do worry about it, but I don`t bother with the car alarm. I figure the car is too obvious for anyone to think they could get away with stealing it. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I know, maybe I should be more careful. Now I have Casey`s license frames on it that say 1 of 3867! That might make it more tempting to someone, ya think?

BroadwayBlue

PFSlim said:

Paul

I 2nd all of that ... never crossed my mind ... and like you at shows and all someone is always there or it's in sight.

Does anyone know of a car getting stolen from a show or get together of some type?

Mustanglvr

Mustanger said:
... or simply remove the wire that goes from the distributor cap to the coil ...

I`ve done that before, in questionable situations.

Mosesatm

Mustanger said:
... or simply remove the wire that goes from the distributor cap to the coil ...

Good for parking lots but not for shows.

Perkchiro

caralarm.jpg

Mosesatm

Steve, you should have at least come to the door when you were in the neighborhood!