• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Unlisted CS/GT on Ebay...

CougarCJ

I am sure that Mike and Bob are delighted to add every possible GT/CS & HCS to their current registries.

I applaud you sir for diligently mentioning these cars for inclusion and perusal of the group.

green56

1968 unlisted

Check the 1996 Registry the car was not Registred in 1996

franklinair

They probably replaced the rear light bezels and didn't remove the black painted border. Takes about 20 minutes, 000 steel wool & lacquer thinner.

Neil

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Man, folks love sure love picking the eyes out of every Ebay car some owner who's not anal-retentive-concours-correct-I've-got-the-right-symbol-on-the-head-of-my-bolts type posts for sale. They make no claims other than "for sale", not 100% factory perfect untouched survivor.

40 year old car with replaced repro bezels! OMFG!!!! Or the owner picked or painted 'em to match the black trim on yellow (IMHO it looks good)... shoot 'em!

How about this, and more obvious, those valve covers are sure wrong too, and the welded exhaust system, and the rims... along with a lot more under the hood... and the exhaust tips.... etc. Blue plates aren't original :wink:.. one could go on... Scam alert!!!! :eek:

I'd bet the majority of the cars in the registry have no Marti either... the point is? Remove them?

Sorry to impose by posting it for info...

Midnight Special

...In my earlier years of shopping GT/CSs, I could've easily fallen for clones or been "had" by mis-representations if not for the scrutiny on this site. By all means, keep posting.

It's better to hear from informed owners doing their thing than sobbings of someone getting taken after it's too late. I'm NOT saying it was the case here... but "long as the lighthouse is always lit, people will be better able to navigate".......>

clubpro

Amen Tim,

Just ask Amy what she would have done if she had asked for help from this site about her car "Satan". She would not have purchased the car or she would have paid much less for the car than she did.

The number one problem with comments shared on forums is the reader doesn't know the motivation behind the comments. We can be commenting on items on a car simply to bring awareness and someone reading the comments views them as criticism about the car when in fact they are just educated observations. I don't think anyone on this site means to insult, but simply to educate and inform those reading.

Cheers,

Ron

aemoo28

WHOA RON!!!!!

As you may not recall, I found my '68 here on THIS site, and had two (2) glowing recommendations from prior buyers from xxx seller (who was also a member on this site).

This is the ONLY reason I bought my '68 online- I believed in the members who vouched for this guy. And also I believed every word the seller said about my car.

Bottom line- buyer beware.

Doug

Bottom line- buyer beware.
It is the responsibility of the buyer to check out the car - personally. I have not done so and it has cost me plenty of dollars. Hire a professional (non-biased) inspector, the cost will be more than worth it.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

A car must have a Marti to be considered for the GT/CS registry.

Huh? Paul's book (a.k.a. "the registry" I was referring to) has more cars listed without a Marti noted than with... scrapping that source and dropping them all from the new registry and starting over?

somethingspecial

Let's not make this complicated!

Not everyone can be expected to spring for a Marti Report. We are not requiring it for the registry, and we are not going to drop the cars from Paul's Registry just because the don't have one. We may be starting over to build the new Registry, but I for one will still refer to Paul's Registry. If you try to weed out cars because things don't look correct, we would eliminate half the cars. Things change after 40 years, i.e. Grilles, fog lights, hoods, taillight bezels, etc.....