• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need Small Toy GT/CSs for Book.

P

PNewitt

I was sent the Maroon GT/CS, made by Greenlight (1/64th scale), by Donna (thank you, Donna!), and I need the other one--the one called the "Custom 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS", that is green. I need this one to photograph both for the book. I've been looking everywhere--and I think I missed getting them when they were originally available.

I also would like to get one (or both?) of the late model GT/CS metal toy cars. I think they were white and blue?? They have the late model side stripes on them, too. I think they are about 1/32nd scale, or about 5 inches long?

If anyone has these, I'd sure like a set to photograph for the book. I can borrow them as well, and return them to you.

Thanks!

Paul N.

Diesel Donna

Paul,
I just picked up another set, maroon and green at K~Mart last week. They are very hard to find but I keep looking. If you can't find one I'll loan you my green one. Let me know if time gets tight and you can't find one.

Donna

GTCS07

Both the early and late models also came in a dark green metallic and were called "Green machines". These were limited to around 100 cars. Hard to find and expensive when you do. (About $50.00 avg.) I have all 4 of the regular ones and the '07 coupe in Green machine as well. They are all serial numbered on the chassis by the way. They are all 1/64th scale.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Both the early and late models also came in a dark green metallic and were called "Green machines". These were limited to around 100 cars. Hard to find and expensive when you do. (About $50.00 avg.) I have all 4 of the regular ones and the '07 coupe in Green machine as well. They are all serial numbered on the chassis by the way. They are all 1/64th scale.

Hi!

If you could get a good color photo of those 1/64th cars (each set at a 3/4 view, with perhaps a curved piece of grey art board as a background, that would be great!! I'd need it as a 300dpi image for the book.

Let me know what is possible....and of course, I'll give you credit for your efforts.

Thank you very much!

Paul.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Donna, Don and Paul....

I'll get back to you as I near that part of the book (in the back of the book- "GT/CS Collectibles").

Thanks for your help -- and stay tuned...

Paul.

GTCS07

I'll shoot something Tues. and send it to you Paul. I'll take different shots so you can choose what works for you.

Mike

GT/CS S Code

Do you need any photos of the Red and White one?

Hi Paul,
Did you need any photos of the Greenlight GT/CS in Red and White that was listed for sale on eBay in the link that Don listed in this thread? I was the winning bidder, so should have it in our hands shortly. We could shoot you some pictures and send them along if you need them.
We bought it to use for display with our car, but will likely repaint the white top in red so that it will better match our car.
Cheers,
Al & Laurie
aka
GT/CS S Code

PS: Went looking for suitable photo shoot locations for the calendar submission shot yesterday. Might try this one again in better light (without the shade) ...... it wasn't the best time of day to shoot the picture, not enough sun.
We finally got the factory GT wheels and new T/A's installed, but will have to do a rear quartering shot for the calendar photo since the Lucas fogs and proper grill still aren't installed yet! With luck I should pick them up from the paint shop next week ....

Attachments

• IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 28

QuarterHorse

Paul: I have the late model versions of the greenlight GT/CS 1:64 scale in my collector case. I can try to take a few photos if you still need them.

GT/CS S Code

Paul, do you need photos of this version?

The red GT/CS Greenlight Mustang that I bought on eBay just arrived in the mail. Do you need any photos of this version Paul? If so, we can shoot you a few ....
Let me know.
Cheers,
Al & Laurie

Attachments

• Greenlight red 68 GTCS.jpg
    Greenlight red 68 GTCS.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 20

QuarterHorse

GTCS07

I got a new camera and took photos of mine but wasn't happy with the results. I realized after that I needed to change a setting. I'll shoot again tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC00140.jpg
    DSC00140.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 23