• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Convenience group

Jayscal

I was wondering if any of the people here have the convenience group installed from the factory on your GT/CS cars. If you have A/C these would be installed in the pad around the storage area of the console. Non A/C cars I believe had had the lights installed in the panel above the radio where the center A/C ducts are. The lights are for low fuel, door ajar, seat belt and parking brake.

OP
OP
Jayscal

Jayscal

390cs68rcode said:
all your info is correct.

I have only seen 2 CS's with the convenience group so far.

Where were the the lights located?

Mosesatm

Here are a couple shots from a '68 Coupe that is on eBay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayscal

Jayscal

Thanks for the pics, A friend of mine bought a 68 Cougar to part out and it has this option. He is working on removing the entire wiring harness for this option. It may be for sale, any ideas what it would be worth complete?

390cs68rcode

Jayscal said:
Thanks for the pics, A friend of mine bought a 68 Cougar to part out and it has this option. He is working on removing the entire wiring harness for this option. It may be for sale, any ideas what it would be worth complete?

ready to drop in complete? I could swear I saw one on Ebay for $750+ maybe even waaaay more than that number.

OP
OP
Jayscal

Jayscal

390cs68rcode said:
ready to drop in complete? I could swear I saw one on Ebay for $750+ maybe even waaaay more than that number.

Wow thats incredible, I had sent my friend a copy of the wiring diagram so he could trace all the wires. Heck he paid $500 for the car cuz he wanted a original J code engine with 68 markings and the disc brake set up. Looks like he will be able to recoupe some costs. Thanks

Mosesatm

There was one on eBay a few months ago that went for well over $1,000. It might have been NOS, though. I can't remember for sure.

Perkchiro

Here is an interior pic of my car. The overhead console is not shown in this pic.

Steve in Missouri

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 41
P

PNewitt

I have one in my car--but I added it in 1982. You can barely see it on the cover of my first book. It's in the deluxe dash trim, too. It's a chrome metal piece for the dash, with wood applique (non a/c), with the four lights clipped in place.

The original electronics included metal contact tabs for the parking brake; a three-tab gas tank sender unit (almost impossible to get today--or worth over $300); an ignition circuit for the seat belt lights, and some metal parts for the "door ajar" circuit. It didn't always work, tho. I might retrofit these lights with modern parts, wiring and electronics.

Paul N.

ironhorse

My air-conditioned GT/CS had the option in the console. Sadly, the console was stolen from the car in the 1970s — but the wiring and bulbs were left intact. The replacement console did not have the lights. The last owner gathered up three of the four "buttons" and they came in a box with other odds and ends when I got the car in 2000. (Can't recall which one I'm missing.) I'll put it all back together when I restore the car ... some day ...
BTW, I've only seen maybe two or three other '68s Mustangs period that have the convenience group.
Kevin