• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS For Sale- $15,400

390cs68rcode

numbers matching with a 9 inch and a 289? don't think so. (they do say the original stuff has been kept which means to me it has been driven hard).

does seem like a good price if it has truly been restored.

Mosesatm

Ruben, are you paying attention to this? This might be your car!!!!

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

Numbers Match on this original GT/CS

390cs68rcode said:
numbers matching with a 9 inch and a 289? don't think so. (they do say the original stuff has been kept which means to me it has been driven hard).

does seem like a good price if it has truly been restored.

I did build the car to be driven hard, expcept one thing... I never got around to putting the motor in! The rear end is not factory but hey... 9" rear ends are still cool, right? I do have the original 8" in storage.
I got this car from my grandma, who bought it from dealer. I built the car for show as you can see by the first picture in my ad. I was very conscious of the "modifications" I made to the car, not to disturb its collector value. I am more than happy to answer any questions about the car.

Last edited:

rvrtrash

It's a nice looking car! Might I suggest though that your terminology might be confusing some people. Some examples--the original rear end would be an 8" not 8.8" . You can't technically do a "frame off" restoration on a unibody car. I would say "Ground up" or "Total". A car can't be concours and modified at the same time. I'm not trying to slam you, just trying to help. By the way, if you have the paperwork to prove it's a CS, such as original bill of sale/ Marti report/ something else, I'd list that also. Price seems quite fair for a documented car in that condition. Good luck.
Steve

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

Your absolutley Right, Thanks for the bringing it to my attention... I made the corrections.
The VIN# is - 8R01C151499**

still looking for one

Looks sharp and straight, good color too; Aftermarket rims, no GT/CS foglamps, non stock steering wheel and floor shift/tach, Black Calif. plates NOT original to car if lic. # is YWWxxx, hard to tell from photo provided (because YWW series issued in So. Cal. in late 1969, worth the asking price if condition and provenance (1 So. Calif. family owned) can be verified....by
Marti rept., old registration cards, orig. dealer license plate frames, orig. Calif. pink slip, window sticker etc.

Jim B.
N. Calif.

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

I have the original steel wheels with hubcaps. The car was originally equipped with Marchal fog lamps. I have the original Marchal grill mounting brackets and one Marchal lamp (the other one was stolen).The grill is Ford NOS. The shifter is aftermarket but the floorboard was not cut up, only one 3/4" hole for the cable and four 1/4" mounting holes were drilled. The tach is mounted to the steering column with hose clamps and no holes were drilled.I have the original steering wheel in perfect condition. The Lic# is YWW232. I just found out the car was actually originally purchased by someone within the dealership and then sold to my grandma at the same dealership. I have the original shop manual with plastic ID card attached from Ford showing Elsie Froeberg (grandma) as the owner.

Mustanglvr

Do you have a Marti report you can post here? That would be interesting to see. Would that be a Stock order or a Dealer order?

still looking for one

VERYtempting, now we know more about it. Sounds like a seriously excellent vehicle, much better than a daily driver and approaching quality of a show vehicle - probably could eventually made a show car if threw some well aimed $$$ at it

Do you recall the So Cal dealer who sold the car, Coberly, Manhattan Beach Ford, Robert H. Loud, Theodore Robins
, or ?
I wonder what opitions it has, automatic, PS, PB, Aircon., tinted w/s etc?

Why are you selling the car?

Jim B.

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

I'll order a marti report today, but It takes like 7 days to get. What would be the difference between a stock order & a dealer order? Now I'm curious!

still looking for one

deckwyserd said:
I'll order a marti report today, but It takes like 7 days to get. What would be the difference between a stock order & a dealer order? Now I'm curious!

I don't know the correct terminology, but I'd hazard a guess that....

That a stock order is what the marketing whizzes at FoMoCo ordered to be built, with colors interiors and options they hoped would sell quickest and easiest to the public at large, ie, what the dealers receive from the factory normally

DSO would be "Dealership Special Order" which would probably be one ordered specifically by a customer who specified exactly which model, colors and options he wanted for that car, sometimes very rare opitions, (428CJ, for instance, that most customers probably wouldn't order)

...that is my guess anyhow.

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

I think it was a purchased in Burbank. I'll have to double check that though. I am selling it because I can't afford to rebuild the motor (or I find other things to spend my $$ on) and my parents are sick of it sitting in their carport. I love the car... I just can't justify holding onto it any longer. I also have a 69 Mach I, so I'm not completley mustangless! PS-yes. I had power disc brakes installed (front), manual drum was factory. AC-No. Tint-not sure. She's definatley show car material.

OP
OP
D

deckwyserd

Just recieved Marti Report via fax, I'll post it up by this evening. Thanks for the tip on expediting it!