• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Got my Marti Report...Woo Hoo!!

miller511

Back in July, I had ordered the elite report. Could I have bought a matte and frame from my local arts and crafts place and made my own? Yea, I suppose. But it showed up on my porch last night and now I don't have to spend any time making up my own framed report.

I got a kick out of the "Of the 317,423 1968 Mustangs"" section of the report.

So...mine is the only California Special with the 289-2V engine with AT, Painted Tahoe Turquoise, with Aqua Decor Bucket Seats , with Front Power Disc Brakes.

It also shows the dealer that it was sold to- Marv Tonkin Ford in Portland, Oregon.

Anyone else have a car from Marv Tonkin Ford?

I'd like to find a set of license plate frames...but the dealership is no longer Marv Tonkin Ford. :-(

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Jason,

Check out my (new) gallery page "Jeff Miller's 1968 GT/CS.

Hey the new gallery accepts high res pics, very cool.

-Jeff

rvrtrash

miller511 said:
It also shows the dealer that it was sold to- Marv Tonkin Ford in Portland, Oregon.

I'd like to find a set of license plate frames...but the dealership is no longer Marv Tonkin Ford. :-(

Marv Tonkin still existed in the 80's when I lived in Portland. I go back to Portland every April for a big swap meet. Remind me and I'll try to hit a couple of wrecking yards and see if any cars still have the frames on them, or you could call the 800 numbers for some of the yards in Portland, Ore. or Vancouver, Wa. and ask them to save you a nice set if they come in. There used to be a Mustang club in Vancouver and there still is a Galaxie club there. One of them may have a member that could help you out also.
Steve

PS. Do we happen to have a member here in Hawaii that could look for some frames from Castner Ford in Wahiawa for me?

OP
OP
miller511

miller511

Thanks Steve.

I'll make sure to remind you in April.

Checking with some of the salvage yards in Portland and Vancouver is a great idea.

What island is Wahiawa, HI on?

68CaliSp

It's in Oahu, same as Waikiki, Honolulu, and Pearl Harbor. The second island if you start from the West. Had a chance to make a trip out there last year but couldn't make it. :frust: