• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Successful Maiden Voyage

Ruppstang

To day I made a successful maiden voyage to my clubs fall show in our GT350. I have been frustrated that the car has been ready to test all summer and I could not resolve the carb issues. Thanks to the site carburetor genius Rob Campbell they are now resolved. I had sent it to New York twice and it ran very poorly both times. One trip to Seattle and two days and it was on it's way back. I installed it yesterday and drove it around town all day. Traveled about 90 miles today with no problems.
Thank You! Rob
Here are a few pics from the show, the last is a really beautiful Tbird that I just had to shoot.
Marty

Attachments

• 68 GT 350 003.jpg
    68 GT 350 003.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 68 GT 350 004.jpg
    68 GT 350 004.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 68 GT 350 005.jpg
    68 GT 350 005.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 68 GT 350 007.jpg
    68 GT 350 007.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 41

CougarCJ

Great looking Shelby Marty.

Where did you find a float for your carburetor?

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Thanks but as all ways the pictures make it look better than it is. It was repainted the wrong color. I can't wait to save enough to restore it. Here is a picture of my goal.

I found a replacement float at Mike's Carburetor Parts in WA. It was not brass but seems to work ok. Time will tell.

Attachments

• 6440273_orig.jpg
    6440273_orig.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 25

green56

Maiden Voyage

I just had my carb rebuilt and found a copper float kit at NAPA Tom From WI

CougarCJ

Thanks but as all ways the pictures make it look better than it is. It was repainted the wrong color. I can't wait to save enough to restore it. Here is a picture of my goal.

Is that Acapulco blue? I changed my GT/CS to Acapulco blue from Meadowlark yellow.

robert campbell

To day I made a successful maiden voyage to my clubs fall show in our GT350. I have been frustrated that the car has been ready to test all summer and I could not resolve the carb issues. Thanks to the site carburetor genius Rob Campbell they are now resolved. I had sent it to New York twice and it ran very poorly both times. One trip to Seattle and two days and it was on it's way back. I installed it yesterday and drove it around town all day. Traveled about 90 miles today with no problems.
Thank You! Rob
Here are a few pics from the show, the last is a really beautiful Tbird that I just had to shoot.
Marty

Marty,
You are so welcome and you have helped me a bunch with other issues with our cars. Your carb was extremely well detailed by the guy you sent it to. Wish I could make them that pretty.

I did the wet test of your carb on the same car that I wet tested Arlie's 4300 on. And I increased my knowledge base on the auxiliary needle valve that can be such a problem on these carbs. I am even more confident in my ability to make them work, but the float is a wild card. The float in your carb is the later improved version that "tilts" to compensate for its weird gangly construction method. My 1970 Motors Manual said the "pontoon" style float was designed to eliminate fuel level changes in hard corning... Go figure...

Anyway, I am honored to help with your beautiful car. And I am far from a genius. But I am determined to make our cars run great!!

Rob

robert campbell

Mosesatm

If anyone needs a 4300 I have a couple cores. One is coded C8SF - H (429) and the other is coded C7AFBJ (390 & 428). They have plastic floats

Last edited: