• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looking for '68 Coupe/GT/CS Vintage Racers

P

PNewitt

For a chapter in the book on racing the GT/CS, I'm looking for anyone who is into "vintage racing" their (1968) GT/CS. I've known of a couple in the past, and photographed one at Sears Point once.

I'm doing a bit on the '68 Trans Am cars, too. So, if you know of anyone who has a Terlingua Coupe (in yellow/black; real or reproduction), I'd like to hear from you, too.

And--anyone that has a '67 or '68 coupe with a rear spoiler (CS type), does it really work when out on the track? My research shows that they begin to work at about 110 mph.

(as a side note, I'm including David Nathan's drag racer in this chapter, too.)

Thanks to all for your help. You can post here, or via private message.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

oh, gawd...I am so sorry, David. I was just watching the FOOD channel and they were talking about hot dogs, and...well...that is my lame excuse!

So sorry..I stand corrected.

gt bandit

Joe ,
only the simple stuff , like the Roller Idler arm - but it has already made a noticeable difference
the rest goes in tomorrow including new fully adjustable Konis

will post some pics later and a review on these products , the guy from above was very helpful.

shaun

joedls

Thanks Shaun. I'm anxious to hear how well it all works. I've been thinking about trying it on at least one of my cars.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Hey Shaun,

Neat site! I'll include it in the "sources" section for the book. I'm wondering how the roller bearing saddles work on the street? How does it feel on the road? Can you tell? At least, they won't squeak like OEM! LOL!

Thanks again--cool stuff!

Paul.

p.s. sorry for you, and the good folks of OZ about the loss of Steve Irwin (Croc Hunter).

gt bandit

Attachments

• smallsearsrear.jpg
    smallsearsrear.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 21