View Single Post
Old 04/16/2005, 08:05 PM   #14
68MustangHCS
My Car Details

Re:WANTED: COPY OF THE 1968 1/2 FORD MUSTANG GT/CS CALIFORNIA SPECIAL RECOGNITI

[quote author=Ausi_CS link=board=3;threadid=1552;start=0#msg9565 date=1113586495]
Just to add my two cents worth...

On the ebay thing..I have just bought a pair of Lucas square 8's from ebay. My car has been missing these since arrival is Australia 30 years ago. They cost me AU$300 (about US$230) plus shipment from the UK. Considering their rare-ness and the value that they add to my car - another bargain.

Cheers form Oz

Ausi-CS :)
[/quote]

Hey Ausi,

Yeah, good info. I find this board helpful though, and occasionally there are some good willed people who visit this site. I was lucky to get mine for practically nothing. On those square 8's. The UK eBayers list them all the time and I have seen sets sell for as little as $40 US. But the problem is the shipping; you get reamed for $70 in shipping. But, I guarantee you can get a set of Lucas lights with no problem, you just have to be patient, communicate with the seller to make sure they will ship them and payment terms. I'm looking for some spare glasses. Mine have some minor pitting from over the years and I'd like to get some fresh lenses someday. That means if I have to buy a new set of Square 8's to cannibalize the lenses from, then I guess that's what I'll do.

Later Oz...Steve
68MustangHCS is offline   Reply With Quote