View Single Post
Old 04/15/2005, 10:34 AM   #12
Ausi_CS

Re:WANTED: COPY OF THE 1968 1/2 FORD MUSTANG GT/CS CALIFORNIA SPECIAL RECOGNITI

Just to add my two cents worth...

I purchased my copy of the recognition guide at a swap meet. This was about three years ago, about a month after I bought the car. The first show I had taken the car to, someone drew my attention to the book on a book sellers table, I very quickly paid about AU$30 for it - equivalent to US$20 back then. Considering that there are probably only a few copies of the book over here in Australia, I consider that now to be a huge bargain.

On the ebay thing..I have just bought a pair of Lucas square 8's from ebay. My car has been missing these since arrival is Australia 30 years ago. They cost me AU$300 (about US$230) plus shipment from the UK. Considering their rare-ness and the value that they add to my car - another bargain.

The point to this - well there isn't one really except - be patient, you will find these trophies occasionally. You will have to hunt for them and you will most definately have to pay for them, but the effort adds to the enjoyment of owning a "Special" car and when you do hit pay dirt, the pride boost is the reward.

Cheers form Oz

Ausi-CS :)
Ausi_CS is offline   Reply With Quote