View Single Post
Old 04/07/2005, 12:40 PM   #7
bbeatty

Re:WANTED: COPY OF THE 1968 1/2 FORD MUSTANG GT/CS CALIFORNIA SPECIAL RECOGNITI

Case12, thatís a good point about this forum being the best source for advice and expertise on the GT/CS and it points out an interesting thing about what happened to the value of Paulís previous books.

When I first bought my GT/CS and the books were plentiful, my book was either lying on my workbench or riding around in my car with me. It got a little beat up but it was very helpful at times. Of course, there were no forums or internet back then so that was the best source there was for information on the GT/CS.

Then along comes the internet and Ebay and the market value of these books has gotten so high I donít even keep these mine in the garage anymore. Both of these books are now safely tucked away in a waterproof box in storage room. I donít even want to bring the books to a car show for fear of it disappearing! And I used to worry about my Marchals but at least theyíre bolted in! ;D

So over the years, my book as gone from my best garage buddy and reference guide to an investment treasured more for its market value on eBay rather than the knowledge contained between the covers. Strange world sometimes.
bbeatty is offline   Reply With Quote