View Single Post
Old 07/26/2008, 07:35 PM   #15
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Probably take it apart 2nd week of August. I am trying to drive it as much as possilbe to flesh out any other issues. None so far - the engine is very strong and we gave it really good workout a couple days ago - everything from burn-outs to running it up to about 90mph. I sure wish the engine loud chirping sound wasnt there, because everything else is strong (I may have to adjust the timing or fuel mix a bit - it idles a bit rough). It is just a real annoying loud chirp. I put my stethescope on it and it seems to be coming from the timing cover right aroudn the fuel pump/cam area. It starts up after the car runs for about a minute, and then gets louder and softer while driving. I really cant get a good pattern of when/why other than that. I am so happy with the engine, I really hate to stir up any other problems by taking the front off, but it looks like that is what we have to do. Thanks, Casey

1968 GT/CS on cover and featured article, "Gold Rush", in Mustang Times, February 2006
1966 Convertible featured article, "Sweet '66' ", in Mustang Times, January 2008
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote