View Single Post
Old 11/23/2005, 03:02 PM   #5
case12

'66 Convert., '00 GT Convert., '36 Ford, '07 Shelby GT-H Convt.

eBay: case12

Am I missing something? Everywhere I looked from vintage material I collect shows a round base antenna!

Paul, in your book the pictures of the promo GT/CS's unveiled by Lee Grey in LA all have round base antennas.

The "California Made It Happen" Dealer brochure (I have an original) shows the GT/CS with a round base antenna.

In May 1968 Motorcade Magazine (I have an original) a 68 fastback is shown on page 32 with a round base antenna, and the GT/CS on page 63 is shown with a round base antenna.

The 1968 Mustang Specification manual (I have an original) shows the 68 coupe and 68 fastback with round base antennas on pages 1,3, 18.

The Ford Times magazine (I have an original), published by Ford, March 1968, shows the 68 coupe and 68 convertible with a round base antenna.

Interestingly, a Ford "Take A Lucky Look At The 68s" dealer brochure (I have an original) shows a 68 coupe with no antenna but a round hole in the left passenger fender (no kidding - a promo picture in a field with male/female models, and a hole in the fender...)

I could keep looking, but I thought this was a good enough sampling. So, where does the rectangular base antenna that MCA brings up come from? (I saw the article in Dec Mustang Monthly column and was bewildered too).

Casey
case12 is offline   Reply With Quote