CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Go Back   CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > My 68 CS & HCS Garage

If you're having trouble creating your Garage please see CLICK HERE for instructions.

Oscar's Garage

My Garage
GT/CS or HCS?California Special
VIN8R01C156718
Body Code65A - Standard Bucket Seats
Paint ColorN - Diamond Blue
Interior Trim2A - Black
Date Code - Day15
Date Code - MonthD - Apr 1968
DSO71 - L.A.
Gear Ratio2 - 2.79
TransmissionW - C4 automatic
Original Engine289 2V - C code
Notes or ModsThe original 1968 289 was replaced with a 1966 289 by a PO, unknown specs.

Block ID: C5AE-6015-E
Block Date Code: 6F21

289 is all stock w/the exception of the following mods:

Pertronix I module
Pertronix Flamethrower coil
Edelbrock black 14"x3" round air cleaner
Flex-a-lite 17" aluminum 6 blade racing fan

The near future plans are to pull the engine and the C4 trans so I can freshen up the 289 and warm it up a bit w/a new cam, '65 289HP heads ported to an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock Performer 1405 manual choke 600cfm carb, ARP engine accessory and head bolt kits, new oil pump and shaft w/ARP mounting kit, aluminum water pump and NOS Ford 157 tooth flywheel.

The C4 w/be rebuilt using a master rebuild kit w/steel plates and new bands and I will also be installing a TransGo 47-2 reprogramming/shift kit and a new C type servo while being guided by Bad Shoe Productions in depth DIY DVDs on how to rebuild the C4.

Then a rear end gear swap w/be looked into.
Marti Report?Yes
Build Sheet?No
Window Sticker?No
Notes & ModificationsThe following items were added by me or a PO and are not original to my CS:

-Two tone silver/black Cruiser Console (no not a Raiders fan, good deal on ebay :-)

-Mid-'70s Ford AM/FM Stereo radio

-Aftermarket kickpanels w/speakers

-15"x7" Centerline copy aluminum rims (Have a used set of aftermarket '66/'67 styled steel wheels w/'67 blue inserts to put on after car is painted)

-Beefed up front and rear suspension to GT specs w/1" lowering coil springs, 1" front swaybar, GT rear leaf springs and 3/4" rear sway bar and KYB GR-2 shocks all around

More things like Magnaflow dual exhaust, '65 289HP heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Performer 1405 carb and some other goodies to be listed as they are installed.

My car's history:

I do not have very much at all about the history of my CS other than what my Marti Report provided and feel very lucky to at least have received, w/my CS, the original and complete owner's manual w/the original dealer's stamp and the name and address of the original owner, that's it. I bought it in May 2007 from someone who was selling it for their son who had just bought it from a friend as an implulse buy and shouldn't have as he had a one yr old baby and was still going to school so his dad put it up for sale for him, heehehe. I was unable to get any info on how many owners it's had and so forth, I assume that I am at least the fourth or fifth owner.
My CS when I first got her to her new home in 05/2007
Air ConditioningNo
ClockNo
Console (lower)No
Convenience Control PanelNo
Deluxe SeatbeltsYes
HeadrestsNo
Interior Decor GroupNo
RadioAM
Rear Window DefoggerNo
Speed Control (Cruise)No
TachometerNo